9/9/10

Boost My WiFi Signal

I was watching youtube videos about increasing your wifi signal. It was weird watching people trying desperate things to get a good quality connection. It involved some work but it showed that it indeed amplify their signal. Well I guess I'll have to try them myself someday.

It was 3am and my connection is kinda iffy. I chanced upon my wifey's mixing bowl. It shaped like a satellite dish, so why the hell not, I might as well use it as a sat-dish. So I dumped my modem inside the bowl and it took a couple of minutes before I could see some results. Look at the snapshots.

Here's a before image:
Even at 1Mbps...the pages were not loading properly...maybe of the poor signal.


Here's my DIY-thingamajig-sat-dish:
It may look funny but if it works...who cares!


Here's the aftereffect: 
I have had this modem for 8 months now and haven't reached 2Mbps  for more than a minute until today.                  

For the past 3 hours I was able to download 2 torrent files of more than 8Gigs total. The wifey and I share internet thru ad-hoc connection and for the first time, it was possible to stream youtube videos simultaneously.
It is now 7am, and during the whole day the speed is usually capped below 600kpbs. I'm still getting around 900kpbs-1.6Mbps at this time. This is just awesome.

Here's the link. Have fun watching and it may help you boost your wifi dilemna.

No comments: